Saturday 30th April 2016 – Start 11am
(Entries close 23rd April – Late entries accepted but will incur a £5 late fee) – entry form is at the bottom of this page
At Manor Grange Stud SC – Cobcroft Lane – Cridling Stubbs – Knottingley – West Yorkshire – WF11 0AZ
An Annual Team Building Event – Have Fun & Raise Funds!
Not to missed, the first of its kind!
Janet Senior invites you, your family & friends to a side saddle fund raising event!
‘All profit’s will be split between Area 19 & The Side Saddle Association’
A team building experience with your fellow side saddle comrades, have fun & enjoy, while testing your skill’s and ability to work as a team! And at the same time raising money in support of our association!
Fly the flag for your area & may the best Area Win!
- a) Walk & Trot Freestyle Equitation (2 mins max – 20 x 40 arena – No cantering allowed)
- b) Pick a test from The 2016 Equitation Championship Tests
- a) Walk & Trot Equitation Jumping (Course of 7 fences, with poles on the ground, cantering will incur a 2 – point penalty every time. To be judged on accuracy, rhythm, balance and presentation of the horse & rider)
- b) Equitation jumping, select your height form The 2016 Equitation Championships
- a) Ride a ‘hobby horse relay’ over the obstacle course (dismounted, both team members to take part)
- b) Versatile horse or pony (one team member to be mounted and assisted by the other team member who will be dismounted)
Grateful thanks and much appreciation to The Greenwood Family for their work and contribution with this section.
- a) & b) Side Saddle Team Quiz (Both team members to complete separate quiz papers)
How it works:
There are two competitors per team, four Sections to the competition & one entry fee (per combination) One team member is to compete in part, a) & one team member in part, b) of each section. Each team can choose which team member competes in a) or b) of each section. Teams can consist of adults, juniors or a mixture of both. A Competitor may enter more than one team (Max of 3 teams – Additional entry fee applies, per combination)
Scores & results:
Place points shall be awarded for each section a) & b) (i.e. first place earns 1 point, second place earns 2 points etc.) Each team members placing points will be added together & the team with the lowest aggregate of place points from all 4 sections will be the overall winners! In the event of a tie, the placing’s from section one will determine the overall result, if still tied, the placing’s from section two will determine and so on!
Prizes & awards:
‘The Senior families – 2016 Team Building Challenge Cups’ & Championship Rosettes to be awarded to each member of the winning team – Rosettes & prizes in kind to 6th placed teams – All teams not in the placing’s will receive a special memento
£60 per team (£30 per combination) The competition is open to SSA members only
Sections 1 – 2 will be run under S.S.A. rules as defined in the current Member’s Handbook.
Competitors must wear a hat to current British Safety Standard or above at all times.
Spector’s supporters, family & friends very welcome to cheer the riders along and join in the evening activity
2 course evening meal – Tickets @ £10 per person
(Must be booked in advance to help with catering please!)
Evening program: Side Saddle Team Quiz – Supper – Raffle – Mini Fun Auction!
Formal prize giving & Presentation of awards of
‘The Senior families – 2016 Team Building Challenge Cups’
Please feel free to bring a bottle of wine or two!
I hope you all have a great day with the emphasis being on fun & fund raising!! Bye for now! Janet